Saturday 17 November 2012

Tips for Your Tips-Tape Manicures

Goodmorning everyone! Hope you're all having a great day so far! This is my first daily Tip for Tips! I'm going to start with something that always troubled me!
Tape Manicures! Lucy from Lucy's Stash does incredible tape manicures, (which you can see on her blog, here) but I noticed that whenever I tried to do them, they looked like crap. After experimenting a lot, I came to a conclusion. Top coat. If you use a fast dry top coat like Seche Vite, then after that's dry, put your tape on your nail but not before putting the tape on the back of your hand to remove some of the "sticky-ness"! After doing this, your design should come out much better!


4 comments:

  1. Great tip! I always rip my polish off with my tape :( It must be SUPER sticky or something haha! But I'm definitely going to use a fast drying top coat first! Thanks for the tip for my tips lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! What tape do you use? I find scotch tape gives me the best lines. I know some people use masking tape but that always seems to make my polish bleed!

      Delete
    2. I use scotch tape but I've also heard a lot of people use painters tape? I've never used masking tape either but now that I know it makes your polish bleed I won't =P lol!

      Delete
    3. Hahah, painters tape works well too!

      Delete